Glen Breton Rare 8 Year Old was our first single malt whisky and the first single malt whisky produced in North America.
It sold out not long after hitting the shelves in 2000, and since then we’ve introduced many product offerings, including but not limited to our flagship products: Glen Breton Rare 10 Year, 14 Year, 19 Year, 21 Year, 25 Year and the first single malt finished in ice wine barrels.
Glen Breton Rare 10 Year OLD- 750ml, 43% Alc/vol
Our signature single malt product. Aged for 10 years with American Oak in the apple orchard of the Glenora Distillery.
- Gold Medal, 2011 International Review of Spirits, Chicago
- Rated in Top 50 Spirits Worldwide, Wine Enthusiast Magazine
- Nose - Orange, Spice, Chocolate, Honey, Vanilla, with hints of Tobacco Maple & Cherry
- Palate - Fruit, Chocolate, Hazelnut, Maple and Cherry
- Finish - Long and smooth, eventual Apple and Ginger
Glen Breton Rare 14 Year OLD- 750ml - 43% Alc/vol
Our 14-Year-Old has suggestions of almond, vanilla and oak, with a hint of lightly baked coconut on the nose. Smooth and malty with just the slightest touch of sweetness and a dash of orange citrus, this is a light and flavourful dram.
- Triple Gold Medal Winner – Micro Liquor Awards
- Nose - Wild Apple, heather, honey and maple
- Taste - Light and smooth with hints of apples, chocolate, vanilla and touch of toasty wood and maple
- Finish - Lingering flavour, including nuts, and berries and fruitiness
Battle Of The Glen 15 year OLD- 750ml, 43% Alc/vol
The Scotch Whisky Association launched its law suit against us in 2000, shortly after the release of our first bottling proudly called "Glen Breton Rare.” A media frenzy soon followed in newspapers, magazines, online newsletters, forums, and blogs. We, North America's only Single Malt Whisky distillery, were a hot topic amongst both the international and local communities. Upon a hard-fought victory in the summer of 2009, we decided to dedicate a bottling to celebrate this epic battle. Fittingly, we called it the "Battle of the Glen.”
- Gold Medal and Best Rest of the World Single Malt Whisky 13 years and over, Whisky Magazine 2011
- Nose - Subtle, summer-cut applewood, with undertones of Highland honey;
- Taste - Taking by surprise, come the waves of malt, powerful, but without overbearing, then a complex orchard of flavour;
- Finish – With a rich and almost lubricious mouth feel, the malt withdraws into heat, resolving into the warm caress of an enduring companion. The peat character is very subtle, tasting like wisps of hardwood smoke and evoking memories of autumn leaves.
Fiddler's Choice -750ml, 43% Alc/Vol
The tradition of Scottish fiddle music continues to be preserved by Fiddler's Choice, a whisky we feel truly captures the Spirit of Cape Breton. Matured in Kentucky Bourbon barrels.
- Nose: Nutty, apples
- Taste: Sweet and light, Hints of apple, hazelnut and maple
- Finish: Rounded, Flavour Development
Ghleann Dubh (The Dark Glen)- 13 Year Old Peated - 750ml- 43% Alc/Vol
- Whiskies of the World 2017 - Silver Outstanding Medal in Malt Peated Category
- Colour- Rich Golden
- The Nose : Balance of Smoke , Peat and Apple that is agreeable to Novice drinker and very complex to please the connoisseur
- Palate : Hints of Smoke, Malt sweetness, Fruit and Nuttiness
- Finish: Bursts with Flavour Development , Apple, toffee, Vanilla and Butterscotch.
Glen Breton Rare - 19 Year Old- 750ml- 43% Alc/vol
- Nose: Orange, pine, honey, oil, brine, subtle smoke
- Palate: Pepper, cedar, lemon, hazelnut, maple
- Finish: Long, smooth
Glen Breton rare cabot links Reserve- 19 Year Old
- Nose – Black licorice, cherry, honey with hints of maple, apple & pine
- Palate – Apple, maple, cherry, ginger
- Finish – Long with a whisper of peat
Glen Breton Rare - 21 Year Old- 750ml, 43% aLC/VOL
- Winner of Gold medal- 2016 New York World Wine and Spirits Competition
- Nose – Hints of apples and maple syrup
- Palate – a touch of butterscotch and wild apples
- Finish – Smooth with hints of hazelnut and toffee
Glen Breton silver anniversary edition 25 Year OLD
This rare collector’s edition is a “one-of ” single cask offering, with only 130 of these packages existing. Distilled in 1990, and bottled in 2015, this special edition package of 25-year-old single malt whisky contains:
- Two hand-blown crystal tasting glasses made by Nova Scotian Crystal, housed in a stunning case of wood, glass & leather. All hand crafted in Nova Scotia.
- A pure silver bar with the bottle number engraved for posterity by Citadel Coins N.S, embedded in the special wood case by local artist Jonathan Otter.
- An exceptionally smooth malt with vibrant finishes. Flavours are imparted by the forest of maple, apple and spruce trees found near MacLellan’s Brook.
Bruce Jardine 25 year Old - 750ML, 43% aLC/VOL
Having reached this momentous milestone of 25 years, Glenora felt it necessary to honour Bruce Jardine, the original founder of Glenora. Bruce Jardine passed away in 1999 before the release of his dream – a single malt whisky produced in Cape Breton.
The team at Glenora is proud to continue Bruce’s dream and has released a very limited bottling of single malt whisky that Bruce himself helped to distill in the fall of 1990. It is a superb dram that honours not only the memory of Bruce Jardine and his family, but also the dream that is Glenora Distillery.
Glen Breton Ice
One of our fans suggested we experiment with the award winning Nova Scotia winery Jost Vineyards, requesting to use one of their oak barrels. Jost Vineyards agreed, and supplied us with the barrel used to make their Ortega Ice Wine. We decided to use it for finishing one of our cask strength whiskies. Ice Wine is powerful in its own unique way, which is why Glenora tasted the whisky each day as it picked up trace hints of sweetness and fruit from the Ortega Ice Wine grapes. After 4 months we felt the ideal finish was achieved, leaving us with a truly unique whisky.
Glen Breton Ice 10 Year Old - 250ML, 57.2 aLC/VOL
Innovator of the Year Award, 2008
Gold and Silver Medals, San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Nose - Honey, Cinnamon, Apple, Vanilla
- Palate - Grape Peel, Sweet Apple, Vanilla, Hazelnuts, Spice
- Finish - Lingering Cherry, Wine, Ginger, Cedar
GLEN BRETON ICE 17 YEAR OLD - 250ML - 54.6% aLC/VOL
- Nose - fruity, apple, grape, raisin, earthy
- Palate - ice wine taste first, now whisky, sharp on tongue due to cask strength.
- Finish - sweet, quite long then slowly fades with a hint of banana
GLEN BRETON ICE 19 YEAR OLD - 250ML - 53.7% aLC/VOL
Innovator of the Year Award, 2008
- Nose – Honey, Cinnamon, Apple, Vanilla
- Palate – Grape Peel, Sweet Apple, Vanilla, Hazelnuts, Spice
- Finish – Sweet, with lingering berry, Wine, Maple